Friday, September 19, 2008

Phila * del * phia


So I finally realized that walking 2 miles each way to school wasn't that bad after all. The only downside was that it took about 35 to 40 minutes, so the time was being under-utilized. It did take a bit (as it usually does in my case) to join the dots and get the big picture - Windows Mobile + walk time = blog! So here I am, walking the streets of Philadelphia*, blogging on the move!

It can be rather beautiful or extremely depressing, depending on the route you take. For the unacquainted, Philly is a very old city, ill maintained (IMO) in more areas than I'd care to mention. I stay just north of downtown, a stone's throw from Logan square. It's a beautiful fountain just west of the high-rises, with benches all around. The grand art museum of Philly is visible in the background. This is where I'll be setting up camp en-route home today, so I can finish reading the paper on debugging multithreaded programs that I started reading yesterday.

I'm almost there now, so I’ll cut this story short. Come back later for more snippets! :-)

* That sounds so sinister!

Addendum: just saw an Aston Martin DB9 Spyder go by... (drool)

5 comments:

Narayan said...

The photo of the fountain seems to be taken at a ISO > 100. Some noise is noticable. Set the auto-ISO setting to off and set your ISO to 100. Nahi ka?

Vivek said...

@narayan: Used my poor little 2MP camera phone for that :D

Btw my Canon doesn't have an auto ISO setting!

Ruchira Bajaj said...

"just saw an Aston Martin DB9 Spyder go by... (drool)" Aaah! I've only seen one in parking lots, auto-shows or movies :):) I am jealous

Gaurav said...

What do you use Windows Mobile on ??

Vivek said...

-> I wasn't driving the DB9!

-> I run Windows Mobile on my cell phone! I didn't even know there was some other device you could run it on!