Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Run Crazy

Running on the treadmill is boring. Running on the street is fun, but it's hard!

I've gradually developed this craze for running, and bought myself a pair of Nike+ along with the iPod connector. And I've set myself a target - run 75 Km in 4 weeks.

I did a pilot run yesterday, my first street 10K run! Did it in 59 minutes and 58 seconds, which, compared to my personal treadmill 10K best of 48 minutes and 18 seconds, is a fair bit more. Then again, one would be ignoring the fact that the treadmill was horizontal, the temperature was optimal and there were no traffic lights to break the rhythm! :)

So here's the schedule I intend to follow:
10K run
2 days' rest
5K run
1 day's rest
repeat

In short, I do hope to achieve my goal well before the 4 weeks are over (24 days). Let's see how it goes, this new-found passion of mine!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! Ping me and I'll join you! :)

Narayan said...

Nice...keep it going!

Anonymous said...

gandla ahes :D